Nossaman insurance recovery attorneys understand that our clients' business objectives and coverage needs go hand in hand. With decades of experience representing policyholders in all aspects of insurance law, our distinguished recovery attorneys have developed a strong reputation and track record for successfully litigating high profile, landmark insurance cases at the trial and appellate courts. Nossaman attorneys have recovered more than $2 billion in policy benefits for our clients, which include public and private entities across a broad spectrum of industries and coverage areas:
Sampling of Industries Served
- Freight forwarding, Import and Export
- Investment and Asset Management
- Life Sciences
- Real Estate
Sampling of Coverage Areas
- Builder’s Risk
- Business Interruption
- Commercial General Liability
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Directors and Officers
- Environmental liability and cost cap
- Employment and Workers’ Compensation
- Errors and Omissions
- Fidelity and Bond
- OCIP and CCIP Construction Policies
- Property and Casualty
- Personal Lines
- Umbrella and Excess
Serving Our Clients' Unique Insurance Recovery Needs
Nossaman attorneys understand that our clients face unique challenges and have specialized coverage needs. We provide a full spectrum of counseling, advisory and litigation services to address our clients' business objectives and widespread needs, including:
- Evaluating Coverage: Are your current insurance policies really covering you?
Insurance policies are technical documents. Nossaman attorneys will analyze your current insurance coverage to ensure your expectations are being met.
- Identifying Risk: Does your company have the appropriate coverage to meet its business needs?
Every company has unique insurance needs. Nossaman attorneys will recommend coverage so that your company will be protected from potential exposures. Nossaman attorneys can also assist in negotiating custom insurance terms ("manuscripting") as appropriate.
- Advising on Your Options: Do you need to understand your legal choices when your carrier is failing to live up to its end of the bargain?
Insurance companies are renowned for denying coverage to their policyholders and for underpaying claims when they do pay. Nossaman attorneys will provide guidance to your company when your insurance company fails to honor its obligation.
Nossaman has experienced litigators who have recovered billions of dollars for their clients through litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Cyber Insurance: Are you protected?
Nossaman attorneys are experts in the new line of cyber insurance products, providing advice to clients on their existing insurance portfolios and recovery options to minimize losses in the event of a data breach or other cyber attack. Nossaman’s insurance recovery attorneys frequently present and author articles regarding the security challenges faced by companies today, and the evolving cyber insurance landscape.
Our Experience and Success
Our insurance recovery attorneys have achieved tremendous success representing clients in litigation based on innovative strategies and unique theories. Some of our greatest achievements include:
- Represented an international aerospace manufacturer that had been sued for groundwater contamination and obtained a full defense after summary judgment and thereafter had the coverage case stayed pending the successful defense of the underlying lawsuit.
- Represented governmental entities that had been sued in groundwater pollution cases, recovering hundreds of millions in investigative and clean-up costs from scores of insurers and establishing the right of policyholders to stack limits of multiple policies in continuous loss cases under "all sums" insurance policies.
- Represented investment and asset management company, that had been sued for wrongful termination recovering tens of millions in defense costs and settlement from the primary and excess insurers.
- Represented investment and asset management company sued by an investor, recovered millions in defense fees including full policy limits of primary and excess directors and officers insurers.
- Represented retail company that had been sued in class action and for wrongful termination recovering all of the defense fees and substantially all the settlement costs from the general liability insurer.
- Represented car manufacturer sued for breach of warranty recovering full defense costs from liability insurer.
- Represented developer sued by adjacent property owners and recovered full limits of both OCIP primary and excess policies to defend and settle all claims.