Conflicts Specialist (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an experienced Conflicts Specialist professional to perform conflicts of interest analysis and initiate all follow up necessary to perform due diligence and disseminate accurate and timely information in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Conflicts Specialist must understand and demonstrate superior knowledge of conflicts/new matter intake procedures and must have a high quality level of customer service. The Conflicts Specialist is located in Los Angeles. The position reports to the Risk Management and Compliance Director.
- Conducts new client business, supplemental, pre-clearance, lateral new hires, business development, and other types of conflict of interest search requests and effectively handles matters through conclusion.
- Analyzes conflicts reports, makes recommendations, and highlights potential conflicts for review.
- Communicates and disseminates conflicts of interest information orally or in writing, following up with Attorney Recruiting & Development Director and others as needed to handle all due diligence and ensure that files are complete and up-to-date.
- Actively participates in weekly and ongoing professional development with other Department staff.
- Consistently contributes to the department work product by communicating and collaborating in a manner that enhances individual and team productivity.
- Responds to calls, emails and workflow requests regarding the new business intake process.
- Processes and manages requests to change client matter information.
- Participates in or manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years conflicts/new matters experience in a law firm environment.
- Experience with Aderant, or equivalent accounting software experience.
- Must have strong technology skills and particularly strong skills related to knowledge of law firm conflicts/new matters systems.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Excel and the ability to prepare ad hoc reports.
- Ability to research and identify legal names and parent company.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to research and resolve errors or discrepancies, effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Must have exemplary customer service skills and ability to work personnel at all levels.
Successful candidate must also be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.