Business Development Specialist (Los Angeles/Orange County)
We are seeking a results-oriented Business Development Specialist to play an integral role in the Firm's regional and firm wide business development efforts. The Specialist will work closely with the Business Development Department, practice groups, individual attorneys and other staff to achieve Firm goals. The position reports to the Firm's Business Development Director and is based in the Firm’s Los Angeles or Orange County offices, but it will be remote for the time being.
- Assist with the creation of attorney business development plans focusing on the expansion of relationships with existing clients, target markets and prospects.
- Work closely with the Chief Business Development Officer, Business Development Director and Business Development Manager to support cross-selling and industry opportunities and identify the best way to capture those opportunities.
- Support post-marketing effort follow-up to sustain the momentum created by marketing activities, including lead generation and development of an actionable plan with a schedule.
- Develop customized materials for prospect/client pitches and presentations with attorneys and policy advisors.
- Help with responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs), when needed.
- Track and analyze business development activities and how they advance Firm’s business development goals.
- Assist with and manage a variety of short and long-term projects and day-to-day requests.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a discipline requiring writing, research and analysis, marketing or business skills.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of business development experience in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong client service orientation, exceptional time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to travel and work beyond standard business hours as needed.
A successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, enthusiastic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Agency submissions by invitation only.