Competitive Intelligence Specialist (Firm-wide)
We are seeking a Competitive Intelligence Specialist to join the firm wide Knowledge Management & Library Services (“KM”) team. This challenging position provides high quality competitive intelligence (CI) research to Firm leadership and attorneys. The Specialist will play a key role in developing strategic insights focused on building/maintaining the Firm's market position, as well as supporting strategic planning, practice development, business development and competitive response strategies. The Specialist will expand news alerts through the targeted use of the Firm’s news aggregator tool, and will oversee the efficient use of the Firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, InterAction, to promote CI-related data collection and research. The Competitive Intelligence Specialist reports to the Firm’s Knowledge Management Manager and can be based in any of the Firm’s offices.
- Implement and expand firm wide CI program and strategic initiatives, in line with the Firm's Strategic Plan
- Identify, compile and synthesize large amounts of information to produce easy-to-understand, organized and actionable summaries for Firm leadership
- Partner with Firm management, individual attorneys/policy advisors and the Firm's Business Development team to:
- identify new business opportunities with prospective and existing clients;
- analyze market data related to lateral hiring needs;
- research, analyze and track business and legal industry trends
- Evaluate and recommend CI/analytical tools and business research databases
- Develop and expand use of news alerts and news aggregator tools
- Actively participate in and contribute to Knowledge Management and Business Development team meetings and special projects.
- Perform general legal and non-legal research and analysis as part of KM/Library team
- Supervise maintenance and training of the Firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, InterAction
- Participate in continuing professional development activities in order to monitor new products and receive benchmarking information from peers
- Support other members of KM/Library team as needed
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant experience in a private law firm, corporate or comparable setting preferred
- Excellent online research skills including experience using industry-specific tools such as Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, Monitor Suite, Manzama, Securities Mosaic, Law360, Courthouse News, Interaction and market intelligence databases
- Strong project management skills with ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize data to provide targeted information
- Ability to work with high profile attorneys; anticipate needs/ideas and solve problems as they arise, handle competing priorities, multi-task effectively and orchestrate change using diplomacy and persuasion
- Detail-oriented with strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and client service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and legal document management systems (DMS)
Successful candidates must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman is an innovative mid-sized law firm working on cutting-edge issues across seven U.S. offices. Our expertise is focused in distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries. With a strong foundation in California, we have built nationally recognized practices in infrastructure, litigation, healthcare, environmental, real estate, public policy and corporate law.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.