Docketing Coordinator (Los Angeles)
We have an immediate opening for a Docketing Coordinator to play an integral role in the Firm’s Risk Management department and operations. The Docketing Coordinator will support the Firm’s litigation matters by completing docket/calendar work, and will also work closely with practice groups and administrative departments to support all docketing functions. The Docketing Coordinator reports to the Risk Management & Compliance Director and is based in the Los Angeles office.
The hourly range for the position of Docketing Coordinator at Nossaman is approximately $41.02 to $51.28 an hour. The successful candidate’s annual compensation for this position is reasonably expected to be set between $80,000 and $100,000 per year. However, actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including, without limitation, the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Provide data entry, maintenance and first level support for automated docket/calendar system.
- Assist with the implementation of Firm-wide docket policies and procedures.
- Adhere to docket procedures and methods of entry, as set by the Firm.
- Maintain documentation of all transactions as specified by docket policies and procedures.
- Determine docket/calendar dates from court documents and correspondence and enters data into the docket/calendar software.
- Provide support to legal staff regarding the docket processes and policies.
- Produce reports for all professionals and appropriate staff upon request.
- Respond in a timely, professional manner to legal staff and attorney questions regarding docket, calendar, and court rules related to litigation deadlines.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal court rules.
- Knowledge of appellate, state and federal procedures and the entire litigation process.
- Experience in Compulaw's Vision Docketing/Calendar software.
- Knowledge of CMS/Aderant time accounting system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client service and teamwork skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately, thoroughly, and consistently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and communicate them to appropriate individuals.
The successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only. Unsolicited submissions will not be accepted.