Financial & Pricing Analyst (Firmwide)
We are seeking a Financial & Pricing Analyst to join the Business Analytics and Pricing team and play an integral role in the Firm's financial reporting, analysis and pricing areas. The Financial & Pricing Analyst will work with a variety of key personnel across the Firm, including Practice Group Leaders, Executive Committee, C-Suite members, Directors and other key decision makers in support of finding profitable solutions for all aspects of the Firm’s operations and achieving Firm goals. This position reports to the Firm’s Business Analytics & Pricing Director, and can be based at any of the Firm’s offices, though it will be remote for the time being.
- Generate and distribute key monthly financial performance reports
- Provide financial analysis, planning and management reporting of key operational metrics
- Analyze historical data to support the development of pricing proposals and the setting of timekeeper billing rates
- Support strategic pricing initiatives of the Firm with financial modeling and data mining analysis
- Identify, extract and summarize information from multiple sources for specialized internal and client reporting
- Respond to financial and statistical surveys
- Provide ad hoc financial reporting and analysis to Firm’s attorneys, policy advisors, department heads and management
- Assist in the annual budget process
- Assist in the development and implementation of profitability models and profitability analysis
- Assist with the development of financial tools, processes and best practices in relation to financial reporting, analysis and pricing
- Perform additional projects for the Executive Committee, Chief Operating Officer and other C-Suite and Directors on a regular basis
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance Economics or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial analysis, ideally within a law firm or professional services organization
- Knowledge of a law firm’s business processes, pricing, budgeting and business operations
- Advanced level of expertise in financial modeling and spreadsheet functionality. Candidate must be able to manipulate data effectively and present findings to management and lawyers
- Experience with SQL or Excel Power Query
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Big Square business intelligence tools and financial dashboard for financial reporting and analysis, a plus
- Preferred in depth knowledge and experience with Aderant as a time and billing system and general ledger and reporting system
- Must be proactive and have the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects and complete work within given time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
A successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, enthusiastic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Agency submissions by invitation only.