Legal Support Services Supervisor (Los Angeles or Orange County)
We are seeking a Legal Support Services Supervisor to manage the Firm’s legal secretaries, administrative assistants, word processing and docketing groups. The ideal candidate will play a crucial part in enhancing collaboration, streamlining workflows and ensuring the efficient functioning of our legal support teams. The responsibilities for the role will include optimizing processes to maximize productivity, while also ensuring the excellent working relationships continue to thrive between the Firm’s attorneys and the Legal Support Services teams. This role requires a unique blend of interpersonal skills, organizational prowess and a deep understanding of the legal environment. The Legal Support Services Supervisor reports to the Firm’s Practice Support Services Director and will be located in either the Los Angeles or Orange County office.
The salary range for the position of Legal Support Services Supervisor at Nossaman is $110,000 to $130,000 annually. The successful candidate’s salary for this position is reasonably expected to be set within this range. However, actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including, without limitation, the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Lead and manage a national team of legal secretaries, administrative assistants and other support staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions to enhance overall efficiency.
- Effectively allocate support resources based on the needs of legal teams and practice areas.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and coverage to meet the ongoing demands of the Firm.
- Coordinate assignments to ensure balanced workload allocation; manage overtime and facilitate after-hours support when necessary.
- Conduct regular attorney debriefs, project follow-ups and assessments to maintain high quality work product and standards of service.
- Facilitate professional development, annual performance reviews, compensation recommendations and employee relations support.
- Collaborate with the IT Department to ensure the support teams are equipped and proficient with the necessary software/tools for optimal performance.
- Develop training programs for support staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Stay informed about changes in legal procedures and provide ongoing training to support staff accordingly.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training new legal support staff, while fostering a cohesive and skilled team environment.
- Assist in budgeting and financial management related to support team expenses.
- Travel, as needed (up to 20%), among offices to attend Firm events and meetings and to foster relationships with attorneys and support staff.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, legal or related field, or equivalent experience, is required.
- 4-5 years of experience working in a Legal Secretary or Legal Support Services capacity in a law firm, plus 1-2 years of experience working in a supervisory or workflow coordination capacity.
- Strong software skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with document management platforms such as iManage or NetDocs.
- Familiarity with court filing requirements in State and Federal jurisdictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently (with knowledge of when to ask for guidance), self-starter mentality and detail-oriented, as well as being a team player.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; flexibility to work weekends or evenings occasionally as needed.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic legal environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and make practical decisions, while seeking direction when needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
The successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only. Unsolicited submissions will not be accepted.