Practice Group Operations Manager (Los Angeles)
We are seeking a Practice Group Operations Manager to provide high-level administrative and operational support to the Firm’s internationally recognized Infrastructure Group. The Practice Group Operations Manager will work in partnership with the chair of the Infrastructure Group, administrative department leaders and Firm management to help improve the profitability and efficiency of the group, including supporting the development and driving of the group’s strategic business plan. The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple areas, including project management, financial analysis and general operations. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in Los Angeles, with occasional travel to other offices as needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the group’s strategic plan and initiatives, working cross-functionally with Administration, Attorney Recruiting & Development, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Knowledge Management & Library, Practice Support and Risk Management.
- Collaborate with other group leadership to develop agendas, reports and other materials for monthly group meetings, steering committee meetings and presentations to Firm management, and drive follow-up on action items after meetings.
- Provide guidance and resolution strategies to senior leadership as requested, including identifying opportunities to promote efficiency and implement improved practices.
- Review and analyze financial reports and key performance indicators, and make recommendations for appropriate actions to improve group financial performance.
- Support development of annual revenue and expense budgets for the group, while monitoring operational expenditures.
- Support the implementation, development and use of practice management tools.
- Analyze pipeline and demand metrics, and manage capacity planning and staffing.
- Facilitate the successful integration of lateral attorneys in the group.
- Manage group specific content on the Firm’s intranet.
- Other ad-hoc projects and reports as needed.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in finance, management or related field, with proven ability to operate at an independent level in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, finance, accounting, actuarial or mathematics-related field, or equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree or certification is desirable (e.g., JD, MBA, CPA, LPM).
- Thorough understanding of the legal industry and law firm economics.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically with strong leadership, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience successfully supporting senior executives, including C-Suite members and/or Partner-level members.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel and work collaboratively across all Firm departments. Involves the use of considerable tact and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Strong client service orientation, exceptional time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work successfully within a team-based or individual setting.
- Sound judgment and discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required, as well as the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software. Experience with iManage, Aderant and BigSquare software preferred.
- Flexibility to travel and work beyond standard business hours as needed.
About Nossaman’s Infrastructure Group
Nossaman is home to one of the largest and deepest infrastructure groups in North America, with more than 30 attorneys dedicated to providing legal representation to public agencies and selected private sector participants in the infrastructure market.
As lead outside legal advisor on more than $100 billion in projects, our internationally recognized Infrastructure group has extensive experience representing government and public agencies in more than 30 U.S. states and select foreign countries. The group represents all of the most active and well-respected U.S. public agencies in the public-private partnership arena, including the states of Texas, Florida, Virginia, Indiana, California and New York. The group has received numerous national and international recognitions, including being named "Project Finance Group of the Year" and "Transportation Group of the Year" by Law360 numerous times, and being perennially ranked as a Band 1 firm in the U.S. and globally by Chambers and Partners. Clients and their projects also have received top honors from industry leading publications such as P3 Bulletin, IJ Global and PFI.
A successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, enthusiastic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Agency submissions by invitation only.