Proposal Manager (Los Angeles or Orange County)
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, “hands on” Proposal Manager to join our Business Development Department. This person has an integral role in the Firm's business development efforts by managing the development of competitive, high-quality RFP responses and proposals from start to finish. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. The position can be based in either our Los Angeles or Orange County office and reports to the Business Development Director leading the New Business Pursuits Team.
- Reviewing RFPs and coordinating the “go/no-go” evaluation process with the Business Development Director
- Managing proposal process from assignment of proposal specialists through submission
- Reviewing and editing proposal drafts to ensure narratives are compelling, compliant, consistent and concise
- Approving proposals before submission to ensure final product accuracy and consistency with Firm guidelines, including layout and formatting
- Overseeing interview preparation and debrief activity
- Maintaining compliance with firm proposal processes and working with the Business Development Director on process improvements
- Working with other business development and marketing staff to identify creative new ways to enhance proposal and presentation products
- Remaining current on new trends in proposal development and making recommendations to management for improvement
- Collaborating with Business Development Director on content and strategy to maintain and enhance proposal materials, to implement training and to monitor statistics
- Leading proposals during high volume periods when necessary.
- Supporting other proposal operations activities (e.g. creation of content library, document templates) as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience in proposal development, writing and management in a professional services environment required. Law firm experience preferred
- Familiarity with procurement processes for professional services
- Superior written and oral communication skills and editing and proofreading capabilities
- Flexibility and creativity to respond productively to the individualized needs of attorneys
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Must also be able to work well independently
- Strong client service orientation and exceptional time management skills
- Work well under pressure with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work beyond standard business hours as needed
Successful candidates must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Nossaman LLP is an innovative mid-sized law firm working on cutting-edge issues across seven U.S. offices. Our expertise is focused in distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries. With a strong foundation in California, we have built nationally recognized practices in infrastructure, litigation, healthcare, environmental, real estate, public policy and corporate law.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.