Proposal Specialist (Los Angeles)
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Proposal Specialist to join our Business Development Department. This person plays an integral role in the Firm's business development efforts by developing competitive, high-quality RFP responses and proposals from start to finish. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the proposal development process – from kickoff and work plan development to document production, editing and final review as well as interview presentation deliverables. The position reports to the Firm’s Proposal Manager.
- Lead proposal process for multiple concurrent RFPs, RFIs and RFQs from kickoff through submission and interview materials
- Comply with Firm proposal processes
- Establish work plans and ensure strict adherence to interim and final deadlines leading up to proposal submissions
- Facilitate kickoff meetings to discuss proposal requirements, writing assignments, win themes and schedules
- Customize existing proposal content to be responsive to specific RFP questions including effectively combining otherwise independent content and practice descriptions
- Draft persuasive and reader-friendly copy based on information from research, meetings with internal clients and Firm experience, as needed
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with attorneys, advisors, management and staff to gather content, feedback and sign-off on materials
- Oversee proposal production and delivery, ensuring quality and compliance with all RFP requirements and consistency with Firm guidelines, including layout and formatting
- Track completed proposals to help maintain firm wide proposal statistics
- Support proposal initiatives, including creation of content repository
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications or journalism and at least two years proposal experience desired. Experience in writing for a business audience is a plus
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Good written and oral communication skills and editing and proofreading capabilities
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Must also be able to work well independently
- Strong client service orientation, exceptional time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be poised and able to exhibit professional diplomacy amid high stress situations
- Flexibility to work beyond standard business hours as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Successful candidates must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Nossaman LLP is an innovative mid-sized law firm working on cutting-edge issues across seven U.S. offices. Our expertise is focused in distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries. With a strong foundation in California, we have built nationally recognized practices in infrastructure, litigation, healthcare, environmental, real estate, public policy and corporate law.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.