We provide healthcare clients with comprehensive representation relating to compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse and other healthcare laws, including the federal Antikickback Statute, the Stark Law, tax-exemption laws, the California Speier Law and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine.
Healthcare providers, including both entities and individual professionals, seek our assistance to help them in a variety of criminal, civil and regulatory proceedings. We are particularly successful at resolving preliminary inquiries and formal government investigations. We help clients to:
- Structure contracts and transactions to ensure compliance and take advantage of the various safe harbors and exceptions.
- Draft investment documents, leases, services contracts and employment arrangements subject to fraud and abuse laws.
- Create and implement corporate compliance plans.
- Conduct compliance audits of existing contracts and financial relationships.
- Conduct confidential internal investigations.
- Conduct and evaluate billing and coding audits.
- Comply with federal and state regulations relating to physician-hospital arrangements.
- Favorably resolve investigations without any formal civil or criminal complaint being filed.
- Successfully challenge Medi-Cal and Medicare fraud and abuse allegations and complaints.
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel