Debra Garfinkle works on all types of civil litigation, including matters involving eminent domain and real estate. She has particular expertise in appellate law.
Prior to joining Nossaman, Debra spent close to nine years as a Research Attorney for the Honorable James W. Meyers, who was then the Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel and Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California. Debra reviewed trial and appellate briefs, researched and drafted memoranda, and assisted the judge in crafting trial and appellate decisions.
Debra has written dozens of legal articles for the Daily Journal, Law360 and other venues.
- 01.21.2021 | Law360
- SCOTUS Takings Decision a Huge Victory for Property Owners: California Regulation Requiring Access Is a Taking06.25.2021 | California Eminent Domain Report
- Inverse Condemnation Claim Barred for Late Response to Taking of Leased Property, Despite the Claimant Not Receiving Formal Notice of the Underlying Eminent Domain Case12.08.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
- 11.23.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
Community & Professional
State Bar of California
Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 1990; Book Review Editor, Journal of Labor and Employment Law; Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing Class
- Brandeis University, B.A., cum laude, Economics, 1984