Ed Meyer has worked in health law for nearly 30 years. Ed handles healthcare regulatory and business transaction matters and counsels clients through the complex array of Medicare and Medicaid laws more and regulations. He also structures telemedicine arrangements and negotiates and drafts agreements for physician services contracts with hospitals and health systems, physician employment agreements and independent contractor agreements, as well as the sale and purchase of physician practices.
Previously, Ed was the lead legal counsel for the business operations in multiple states of a publicly traded national medical group. He advised anesthesiology groups on the front line of care to COVID-19 patients regarding laws and regulations affecting patient care and clinician safety. Ed provided legal counsel and advice to his company’s presidents, COOs and senior regional management on all business operation legal matters.
Over his long career, Ed has held numerous positions at law firms, at major health services providers, and even in government. He has seen all sides of healthcare legal issues, and clients benefit from his unique 360-degree approach to resolving legal matters.
- 02.16.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.18.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 02.10.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 01.21.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 01.11.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 02.18.2021 | EdSource
- 09.01.2020 | Daily Journal
- Nossaman Adds Noted Healthcare Lawyer, Former MEDNAX and Dignity Health Counsel, Edward Meyer to Sacramento Office08.24.2020 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1991
- Cornell University, Graduate studies program in Government, 1984
- Stanford University, B.A., 1983