Mitch Green has more than 25 years of experience representing individual physicians, medical groups, and medical staffs in a variety of civil, regulatory, and administrative matters. He has represented clients in medical staff proceedings, Medical Board of California disciplinary actions, and managed care delistments.
In addition, Mitch has also worked on partnership and employment disputes, as well as ancillary business matters such as lease disputes, practice appraisals, and enforcement of covenants not to compete.
He is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ambrosino v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Establishing application of disability discrimination laws to managed care payors.
Castellanos v. Coastal Providers of San Luis Obispo. Establishing the limited hearing rights available in Independent Practice Association delistments and terminations.
Medical Staff Doctors v. Kamil. Establishing scope of arbitration agreements between physicians and managed cares payors.
- 2010 | California Medical Association's Physician Legal Handbook
- 2019 California Society for Healthcare Attorneys' Annual Meeting & Spring Seminar04.06.2019
- California Academy of Attorneys for Healthcare Professionals 2018 Fall Conference09.30.2018
- 08.05.2015 | Super Lawyers
- 07.03.2014 | Super Lawyers
- 07.08.2013 | Super Lawyers
- 08.06.2012 | San Francisco Business Times and San Francisco Chronicle
- 07.24.2012 | Law360
- 07.06.2012 | Super Lawyers
Community & Professional
California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
Honors & Recognitions
Selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers list for 2011-2015
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1982, with honors, Order of the Coif, Law Review
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A., 1979, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California