Nossaman's merger with O'Connor & Hannan LLP on July 1, 2008 created a powerful combination of skilled attorneys and policy advisors in Washington, DC and California, giving us the capability to navigate the complexities of all levels of government to achieve results.
Nossaman's Public Policy Practice Group helps clients promote their interests and achieve successful results at all levels of government. Our excellent record working with lawmakers, regulators, and the executive branch is the result of the strong relationships we maintain, coupled with in-depth, substantive knowledge in several key areas, including: transportation and infrastructure, environment (including air and water), Native American Indian affairs, financial services, agriculture, and appropriations. We also have an exemplary track record advocating in the areas of healthcare, local government, tort reform, insurance coverage, consumer protection, trade taxation, and national security.
We have built strength through teamwork. The Public Policy Practice Group includes former Members of Congress and senior Congressional Staff, California Assembly Members, and past senior officials at the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highways Administration, Surface Transportation Board, Department of Treasury, Department of Homeland Security, and Federal Election Commission. We are well-represented on both sides of the aisle, in both Washington, DC and Sacramento. We maintain excellent relationships with former colleagues and quickly develop relationships with incoming members and staff of Congress and senior executive branch officials.
The firm recently added another important advocacy tool, the Nossaman LLP Political Action Committee which supports dozens of Senate and House candidates, including many from the California federal delegation.
Nossaman policy advisors work closely with multi-national corporations, public agencies, private businesses, trade associations, coalitions, political action committees, non-profits, and individuals. We not only bring our collective experience and relationships to bear in creating solutions for clients, we also show clients how to maximize their natural strengths.
Nossaman's approach to protecting and advancing clients' interests is innovative and effective. Specifically, we:
- Assist in formulating and implementing sophisticated legislative strategies.
- Build coalitions to shape legislation and regulations at the state and federal level.
- Draft legislation, testimony, position papers, and legal and regulatory analyses.
- Link public advocacy to federal and state rulemaking and related regulatory matters.
- Help clients establish a political profile through the formation of political action committees and grass roots lobbying networks.
- Assist clients in all aspects of compliance with federal and state ethics law and government ethics.
- Develop and implement regulatory and legislative initiatives that impact a client's competitive position in the marketplace.