Effective Date: January 1, 2024
Nossaman LLP values the privacy of its website users. We do not take lightly the responsibility of protecting your personal information. Through this policy, we intend to be transparent about how your information may be collected, used and secured.
Types of Information Collected and How They’re Used
Through our website, Nossaman collects information in two ways: (1) automatically and (2) directly from a website user.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access our website, Nossaman collects information about your connected devices (such as a computer, mobile phone and tablet) and how you navigate through our webpages. This type of information includes:
- IP address, domain information, browser type and geographic location (as associated with your IP address). Collecting this information allows us to become more familiar with who visits our website, how often they visit and what webpages they visit.
Information Submitted Directly by a Website User
Nossaman provides you the opportunity to agree or decline to give your personal information. We will inform you of the purpose for the collection and do not intend to transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described in the “How We Share Information” section below. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information within our organization or to a third-party service provider as necessary.
Nossaman website users will generally submit personal information through:
- Website forms (such as our Contact Us, Subscribe and event registration forms). This information is used to either provide a service or communicate with our website users. The information submitted by you may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company name
- Job title, position or occupation
- Personal interests
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested
- Direct Email. Nossaman has direct email links to its legal professionals and staff on its website. Although this information is not sent through the website, it can be retained and used to help process your request. Be advised, sending emails over the internet may not be secure and should not contain sensitive or confidential information unless the messages are adequately encrypted. No attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this website or sending an email to a Nossaman attorney. Unsolicited information sent to Nossaman by individuals who are not clients of the firm is not subject to any duty of confidentiality. Nossaman and you must agree that there is an attorney-client relationship. Until such a relationship exists, Nossaman will assume that any information you send to us does not meet the standard of attorney-client privilege.
How We Share Information
All data on this website, with the exception of event/webinar payments made through our payment processing provider, are housed in a third-party-hosted SQL database with cloud storage. Access to this database is limited to Nossaman and its third-party website development team. We do not have access to the financial information used in our payment processing provider.
We do not sell the information you submit through forms on our website and only share this information, with your consent, with third-party providers for website analytics or when required to complete a service you have requested.
We will disclose your personal information, if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our website.
How Your Information is Secured and Stored
Nossaman uses administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. And while we have taken reasonable measures to protect your information, please be aware that despite our efforts no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no data transmission method can be guaranteed against an unauthorized intrusion. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to intrusion or misuse and as a result we cannot guarantee the complete security of your personal information. We process and store data in the United States and in other locations for back-up and recovery purposes. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information, including personal information, within the United States. Our Website is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
Nossaman recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We support and comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") and other laws. Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. We ask that those 18 years of age or less, not use the Website. No personally identifiable information is purposefully or knowingly collected from children under the age of 18 by us without parental consent. We expect all information provided by online users to be truthful and correct regarding age and other information provided.
Children under 16 years old are not the target audience for our website. To protect their privacy, we prohibit the solicitation of personal information from these children. If we receive or discover personal information provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete the information.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We do not share your personal information with those websites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
Data Protection Laws
We reserve the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice, with terms of the old policy subject to the terms of the new or updated policy. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this page prior to implementation.
This policy was last updated on January 1, 2024.