For more than eighty years, Nossaman has been home to some of the brightest legal minds and most creative thinkers.
Walter Nossaman planted the Firm’s roots in California in 1942. Throughout the years, visionaries William E. Guthner II, John T. Knox, and Warren Elliott further enriched and expanded our Firm.
Nossaman has always been home to incredible people and accomplished professionals. We have welcomed gifted policymakers who authored landmark legislation, talented dealmakers who have transformed landscapes and skylines alike, and skilled litigators who have helped establish lasting precedent. We are proud to have been home to:
- two former members of the U.S. House of Representatives;
- a former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture;
- former majority and minority leaders of the California State Senate;
- a former Deputy Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration;
- a former U.S. Attorney;
- a former U.S. District Court judge;
- a former Chairman of the Surface Transportation Board; and,
- a former mayor of Los Angeles.
Today, Nossaman attracts innovators from across the spectrum – from the sharpest legal minds to the savviest strategists – all who share our desire to help you succeed.