Intellectual Property is often one of the most valuable assets in a company’s portfolio.
We work with clients to learn about their goals and objectives. Once we understand where they want to go, we then develop and implement comprehensive strategies to protect their interests, preserve their identity, safeguard their merchandise and routes of distribution, and resolve potential or actual conflicts. We provide focused and individual attention to clients' needs and are often able to discover solutions and business opportunities where it was once thought only issues existed.
Our team excels in a wide array of issues, specifically those associated with software and technology development, including privacy/data security considerations, invention and ownership complications and the application of new trade secret statutes. Our clients include companies in the high technology, healthcare, biotechnology, agribusiness, pharmaceutical, and government/public agency sectors. We represent them in the acquisition, disposition, protection, licensing, and exploitation of IP rights. Our work includes IP protection through copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, technical assistance agreements, and confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements.
Our services include the licensing and exploitation of clients' IP portfolios (patents, copyrighted software programs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, internet domain names, and algorithms), compliance with regulatory requirements applicable to those portfolios, financing for and development of R&D programs, as well as litigation and other claims. We also have extensive experience in connection with the collateralization of IP (including mortgages of copyrights, trademarks, and service marks) for financing purposes and with outright assignments and transfers of IP rights. We conduct due diligence reviews of IP in connection with technology licensing transfers, financings, and M&A transactions. We also represent U.S. clients with respect to cross-border licensing of software, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, and other intellectual property rights, including licenses with enterprises in the European Union, Central America, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Korea.
- 01.07.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- US judge dismisses trade secrets theft claim against city of Oakland05.01.2018 | Daily Journal
- Responding to Negative Hotel Reviews: A Lawyer's Perspective12.08.2016 | Sojern Blog
- Playing Music in Your Restaurant? What You Need to Know About Licensing to Avoid a Lawsuit08.08.2016 | Golden Gate Restaurant Association Blog
- 01.29.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.06.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.24.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.17.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.10.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- Another Reason to Review Government Vendor Agreements: Government Agencies can be held Liable for Patent Infringement Claims12.08.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.22.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.15.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.19.2014 | Nossaman White Paper
- California Supreme Court to Determine Whether "Delay For Pay" Settlements in Patent Disputes Violate the Antitrust Provisions of The Cartwright Act04.29.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.19.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.08.2013 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.13.2012 | Nossaman eAlert
- 09.25.2018 | Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
- 05.10.2018 | Webinar
- 02.06.2018 | Webinar
- 10.23.2017 | City Club
- 07.31.2017 | Sheraton Hotel
- 06.07.2017 | Webinar
- Slipping Through the Cracks: How Artists and Rightsholders Are Missing Out on Digital Royalties09.16.2016
- 10.12.2015 | City Club, Los Angeles
- IP Partners Ilse Scott and David Lee Featured In Daily Journal For Nossaman's DTSA Victory For City Of Oakland05.01.2018 | Daily Journal
- 07.03.2014 | Law360