Employment & Employee Benefits Law Update: Staying Compliant in 2024
On November 16, 2023, Nossaman’s Allison Callaghan, Pavneet Singh Mac, Michelle McCarthy and Julia Botezatu discussed new California employment and employee benefits laws and regulations, as well as recent case law developments.
During this complimentary 90-minute webinar, our panelists reviewed, among other topics:
- Expanded paid sick leave obligations;
- Additional arbitration-related considerations;
- New requirements for reproductive loss leave;
- Retaliation presumption and workplace harassment restraining orders;
- Further restrictions on non-competition agreements and related notice requirements;
- Protections for cannabis use by applicants and employees;
- Higher minimum wages for healthcare workers;
- Wage theft, business expenses, PAGA penalties and related developments;
- New workplace violence prevention program requirements; and
- Expanded ability for employers to self-correct retirement plan disqualification errors under SECURE 2.0.
In addition to explaining how the new laws and case law developments may apply to your operations and workforce, our panelists provided practical solutions and best practices for employers and plan administrators to stay compliant in 2024.