Billing Coordinator (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an experienced Billing Coordinator to accurately and efficiently generate, edit, and prepare monthly pre-bills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission to clients. Excellent communication skills and a high level of professional service to clients, management, attorneys and other staff are required in order to successfully administer monthly billing and resolve inquiries and issues. The Billing Coordinator must demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, which may include split and other complex billing arrangements. The position is based in the Firm’s Los Angeles office and reports to the Firm’s Controller.
- Work with clients, attorneys and staff to generate, distribute, edit, finalize and submit legal bills via various methods
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner
- Monitor aging of unbilled fees for assigned partners and/or clients
- Resolve billing-related issues with internal and external parties
- Coordinate with the other Finance team members to address questions related to the Firm's billing process
- Prepare and maintain billing reports, reconciliations, schedules and analyses
- Apply retainer funds and process write-offs in accordance with Firm policy
- Create new billing formats and handle special projects as requested including complex billing and client driven requests
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three years of billing experience in a law firm required
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or business administration preferred
- Experience with legal billing software required; experience with Aderant and e-billing portals strongly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engagement letters and complicated government contracts to determine and apply client and matter-level rate structures
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skill and show great attention to detail while handling a high volume of bills
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- Strong project management skills with ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to adapt to changing technology
Successful candidates must be proactive, customer service oriented, and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Nossaman is an innovative mid-sized law firm working on cutting-edge issues across seven U.S. offices. Our expertise is focused in distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries. With a strong foundation in California, we have built nationally recognized practices in infrastructure, litigation, healthcare, environmental, real estate, public policy, and corporate law.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, and benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.