Senior Accountant (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant responsible for all General Ledger (GL) accounting functions and related analysis, including: bank reconciliations, adjusting journal entries, fixed asset maintenance and inventory control, monitoring banking activity and review of treasury operations functions. This position reports to the Controller and will be located in the Los Angeles Office.
- Responsible for all general ledger accounting; analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.
- Post journal entries to the general ledger using Aderant accounting software
- Reconcile GL accounts every month and document account usage
- Reconcile bank accounts including all partnership and client trust accounts
- Maintain a chart of accounts, ensuring appropriate links for Office/Department combinations
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of financial reports, including analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and submit GL account lead sheets for internal and external tax consultant use
- Prepare business license and property tax worksheets and maintain timely filing schedule for all Firm tax payments for each office
- Track asset purchases and monitor capital spending on a monthly basis using FAS or similar fixed asset tracking software
- Track and maintain fixed asset ledger by coordinating with other departments and Accounts Payable team
- Assist with the implementation/upgrade of new financial systems and software including Sage Fixed Assets
- Optimize usage of Chrome River features, including OCR recognition features
- Oversee invoice and expense management, particularly docket/client disbursements costs and import client disbursements to Aderant
- Participate on special project teams, as needed by management
- Serve as back-up resource to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Collections teams, as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business management from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Thorough understanding of business registrations, sales and use tax and state composite returns
- Knowledge and working experience with Aderant, Chrome River, Excel, FAS/Sage Fixed Assets applications
- Strong Excel skills and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of law firm general accounting/tax policies and procedures
- Previous experience working with G/L codes and completing bank reconciliations
- Understanding of A/P, A/R and billing functions preferred
Successful candidates must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Nossaman LLP is an innovative mid-sized law firm working on cutting-edge issues across seven U.S. offices. Our expertise is focused in distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries. With a strong foundation in California, we have built nationally recognized practices in infrastructure, litigation, healthcare, environmental, real estate, public policy and corporate law.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only.