Stay Ahead: 2018 Emerging Employment Issues
We hosted our annual complimentary seminar on cutting-edge employment law issues in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco and Sacramento, CA. This seminar outlined the latest developments in the 2018 employment landscape as well as implications for both the public and private sectors.
This must-attend event for in-house counsel, human resource professionals, and senior management included:
- A panel* of leading industry experts who discussed the rebooting/revolution of sexual harassment prevention;
- An in-depth analysis of federal and California employment-related legislation and court decisions;
- A cybersecurity/data breach panel* that addressed prevention techniques to STOP helping the hacker; and
- Best practices on successfully navigating the continuing labyrinth of leave laws.
*Nossaman attorneys were joined by leading industry experts during the panel discussions (depending on the location) such as:
- Hon. Sheila Prell Sonenshine (Ret.) | JAMS Mediator & Arbitrator;
- Christina M. Zabat-Fran | General Counsel, St. John;
- Catherine Crow | Vice President Human Capital, OptumCare;
- Pernille Spiers-Lopez | Former VP of Global HR and CEO, IKEA, N.A.;
- Katherine Edwards | Mediator & Investigator;
- Meryl Marshall-Daniels | Corporate Consultant and Former CEO of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences;
- Susan Bowman | Corporate Consultant and Former VP of HR for Emulex;
- James Brekk | CIO and Interim Deputy CEO, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA);
- Ron Williams | CEO, Talon Executive Services; and
- Steven Konecny | Director, EisnerAmper.
This program was held in Los Angeles (2.8.18), Orange County (2.9.19), San Francisco (2.28.19) and Sacramento (3.1.19).
Nossaman LLP is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider and certifies that this activity was approved for 2.75 hours of general credit, including .75 hours of elimination of bias credit. This activity was also approved for 3 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).