Developing and Financing Wind Energy Projects: Contract Provisions, Protecting Developer and Landowner Interests
Brooke Wahlberg moderated "Developing and Financing Wind Energy Projects: Contract Provisions, Protecting Developer and Landowner Interests," a webinar hosted by Strafford on June 25, 2019.
During the webinar, panelists provided energy counsel guidance on the legal challenges of financing and building wind energy projects. The panel discussed a variety of financing options, federal and state regulatory developments and obstacles, negotiating and drafting considerations for leases, and techniques for protecting developer and landowner rights.
Other key issues covered included:
- Essential components of wind energy project development;
- Financing wind power: use of special purpose vehicle, tax vs. cash equity, debt financing;
- Wind power leases and other essential agreements and key provisions;
- Siting and permitting wind projects and overcoming regulatory obstacles; and
- Recent state regulations and development regarding wind projects.
Following the presentation, the panel engaged in a live question and answer session about these important issues.
To purchase a recording of this webinar, please click here.