Federal Wildlife Law Conference: ESA, MBTA, BGEPA & More
Join Nossaman attorneys Steven Quarles and Brooke Wahlberg for the Federal Wildlife Law Conference hosted by CLE International October 16-17, 2017 in Austin, TX. Steve Quarles will present "Legislative and Administrative Initiatives: Tracking a Whirlwind" and Brooke Wahlberg will co-present "Issues with MBTA and BGEPA Permitting: The Other Wildlife Laws" on Monday, October 16th.
This new two-day conference exploring the complexities of these federal wildlife laws and rules to protect endangered species, migratory birds and eagles, with important updates and discussions on:
- A brief history of federal wildlife laws
- ESA overview and permitting
- Legislative and administrative initiatives
- Evolving trends under ESA Section 4
- Agency black boxes: mitigation, management, and monitoring
- The Mexican wolf saga
- Case law examples
- Evolving issues with MBTA and BGEPA permitting
- Issues with transportation projects, coastal development and water development
- Issues with renewable energy (wind and solar)
This program will be of great benefit to you whether you are just getting to know this area of law, policy and science, or you are a seasoned expert. The faculty includes not only leading experts in Texas, but additionally well-known practitioners from around the country.