Real Estate Investor Forum
Yuliya Oryol moderated a panel on "Fundamental Factors in GP Selection in Today’s World" as well as a panel on "Side Letter Provisions Critical to Public Pension Plan Investors" at the Pacific Institutional Real Estate Investor Forum taking place on Tuesday, July 18, 2017, at City Club Los Angeles. These panels explored the following topics:
- How investors are sourcing and screening managers for real estate investment vehicles
- What criteria investors are using for current due diligence procedures and parameters
- How the recent changes to regulations, specifically California Government Code Section 7514.7, are effecting GP selection decisions
- How investors monitor manager activity and compliance with agreements
- When sourcing for emerging managers, what criteria LPs look for in making decisions
Hosted by Markets Group, this event was a closed-door meeting for investment officers and trustees from public and corporate pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, hospital plans, family offices and wealth managers from the Pacific region to share peer-to-peer case studies on allocating to institutional real estate.