Legislative Updates for Employers to Plan for a Successful (and Compliant) 2021
Each month, Nossaman's complimentary Employment BUZZ webinar series covers a different topic of interest to employers, including tax, insurance, intellectual property and employment issues. These "quick hit" 30-minute programs are followed by 15-minute Q&A sessions, so we encourage you to submit questions during registration.
On December 15th, Pavneet Mac presented "Legislative Updates for Employers to Plan for a Successful (and Compliant) 2021." If you were not able to attend the live session, we invite you to watch the presentation at your convenience. This must-watch presentation helped California employers understand the new laws that will affect them in 2021, including those that went into effect immediately upon the Governor’s signing of various bills in September 2020. Some of the topics Pavneet covered include:
- New COVID-19 obligations related to reporting, sick leave and workers' compensation
- Cal/OSHA’s expanded authority to shut down worksites
- Expansions and amendments to protected family leave, including CFRA and PFL
- Wage and hour updates, such as amendments made to AB 5 and the professional exemption
- New privacy considerations related to the CCPA and CPRA
- Best practices for complying with the new legislative changes in 2021
Click here to watch the on-demand webinar.
Nossaman LLP is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider and certifies that this activity is approved for 0.75 hours of general credit. This Program has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Questions? Please contact Jessica Ku at email@example.com or 949.477.7667.