Preventing and defending wage and hour claims in California is something we do literally every single workday. We work with employers to develop compensation plans, conduct pay practice compliance audits and train Human Resources departments on the federal, state and local requirements.
As the number of wage and hour lawsuits continues to rise, our goal is simple – resolve the issues in the cases as expeditiously and economically as possible. We are responsive, strategic-thinkers, who pride ourselves on coming up with innovate ideas to create leverage and prevail in lawsuits involving prevailing wage, overtime, and meal and break period issues, as well as employee misclassification, donning and doffing/off-the-clock and erroneous deduction claims.
Perhaps the biggest difference between our philosophy and that of other firms is our desire to be true partners with clients. We understand the unique operating environment and challenges facing employers in California. We help clients address a wide spectrum of employment issues that arise on a daily basis, including wage and hour matters (both individual disputes and class actions). The scope of our experience runs the full gamut from defending class actions to handling essentially every type of individual employment law dispute.
Over the last decade, we have successfully represented companies in dozens of employment class actions and California PAGA representative lawsuits, including wage and hour class actions/PAGA claims.
- What the FFCRA, CARES Act, California’s Shelter-in-Place Orders and Other Relief Measures Mean for California Employers [UPDATES]09.21.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- Hold the Pickle—and the Meal Break: California Supreme Court Holds that Healthcare Workers May Voluntarily Waive Second Meal Period Even When Shifts Last More Than 12 Hours01.08.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- 12.12.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.29.2013 | Nossaman eAlert
- The Meal and Rest Break Saga Continues – California Court of Appeal Holds Employers are only Required to Provide Meal & Rest Breaks11.12.2010 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.16.2010 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.01.2018 | Sacramento, CA
- 02.28.2018 | San Francisco, CA
- 02.09.2018 | Orange County, CA
- 02.08.2018 | Los Angeles, CA
- 07.01.2021 | National Law Journal
- Drew Hansen Discusses Denial of Class Certification Win for Cardinal Logistics, Impact on Trucking Industry10.12.2020 | Daily Journal