Drew Hansen serves as Co-Chair of the Employment Group and Chair of the Trucking, Logistics, & Warehouse Industry Group. He is an employment attorney and business litigator specializing in defending employers and companies against wage and hour class actions, consumer fraud class actions, other complex commercial disputes, PAGA actions, individual employment lawsuits of all kinds, breach of contract cases, and unfair business practice claims.
Drew represents both major companies and midsize businesses. He has successfully defended against class certification and won significant victories in a number of notable class action lawsuits in California. He has also been successful at resolving cases at summary judgment. He has further had a significant number of cases dismissed at the pleadings stage.
Drew’s record of success for his clients has been acknowledged by the Daily Journal, which named him one of the Top 20 Under 40 lawyers in the State of California in 2008, and by Super Lawyer’s magazine, which profiled his vibrant class action defense practice in 2010. Drew has also been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer for the past several years, including again in 2019.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Drew had a successful basketball career at the University of Utah, where he was a co-captain and started at guard in the 1998 NCAA championship game against the Kentucky Wildcats.
- Successfully resolved dozens of wage and hour class action lawsuits and PAGA representative matters for a wide variety of employers, including numerous trucking and logistics companies, healthcare corporations, financial institutions, credit card processing companies, manufacturers, technology corporations, etc.
- Successfully defended employers in a broad range of individual employment disputes, including against claims for wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, violations of ERISA, etc.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employers in numerous employment cases
- Secured dismissal of a variety of class actions and individual employment disputes at the pleadings stage
- Negotiated very favorable individual settlements in numerous putative wage and hour class actions, consumer fraud class actions, and PAGA claims
- Successfully defended the nation’s largest refrigerated trucking company against a misleading advertising putative class action
- Secured pre-trial dismissal of misleading advertising claims filed against one of the world’s largest computer manufacturers under Business & Professions Code §§ 17200 and 17500
- Successfully opposed motion for class certification in federal court lawsuit alleging that defendant misrepresented the capabilities of its air purifiers
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of lawsuit alleging that one of the nation’s largest credit card processors charged excessive processing fees
- Secured dismissals and successful resolutions in multiple TCPA matters including both class actions and individual disputes arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Obtained complete pre-trial dismissal of class action lawsuit filed against direct marketer under California's Business & Professions Code §§ 17200 and 17500
- Secured pre-trial dismissal of lawsuit alleging a debt consolidation company had engaged in unfair business practices
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of lawsuit alleging vendor of nationwide pre-paid phone cards violated Business & Professions Code §§ 17200 and 17500
- Negotiated numerous favorable settlements in a broad range of class actions, collective actions, and PAGA cases.
- 01.22.2019 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
American Trucking Associations
California Trucking Association
North American Transportation Employee Relations Association
Honors & Recognitions
Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, 2017-2019
Named to the Daily Journal's Top 20 Under 40 list for the State of California
Selected to the Southern California Rising Stars list, 2009-2015
Selected to the Up-and-Coming Top 25 Orange County Rising Stars list, 2015