Pavneet Singh Mac specializes in all things employment law, including defending some of the largest healthcare, nonprofit, technology, manufacturing and transportation and logistics companies in the United States. He defends employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including high stakes wage and hour class and representative actions, wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination and harassment disputes. Pavneet also has extensive experience conducting independent investigations of workplace harassment claims and counseling employers and their respective employees on how to proactively avoid employment-related lawsuits.
Pavneet actively participates in all phases of his clients’ business, oftentimes acting as their in-house counsel to establish reliable policies and procedures, resolve day-to-day issues, conduct workplace investigations and defend his clients in the event of litigation. He has extensive law and motion practice experience in his budding legal career, which includes several successful summary judgment motions and oppositions to class certification.
During law school, Pavneet served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable David O. Carter in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and to the Honorable James Di Cesare in the Orange County Superior Court. He also served as a Lead Article Editor and Production Editor for the U.C. Irvine Law Review.
A zealous advocate of pro bono legal services for underrepresented communities and causes, Pavneet graduated with High Honors for the number of pro bono hours he completed during law school. He continues to serve underrepresented communities and causes by providing a significant amount of pro bono legal services each year.
Pavneet has been recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch every year since the award’s inception, given to attorneys earlier in their careers who have demonstrated outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
- Nossaman Webinar11.16.2023
- Nossaman Webinar12.08.2022
- Nossaman Webinar02.03.2022
- Nossaman's Employment BUZZ Webinar Series12.15.2020
- Nossaman Webinar07.09.2020
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association 2020 Virtual Conference07.08.2020
- Nossaman Webinar01.14.2020
- 08.17.2023 | Best Lawyers
- 01.30.2023 | Nossaman News Release
- 08.18.2022 | Best Lawyers
- 08.20.2021 | Best Lawyers
- Drew Hansen Discusses Denial of Class Certification Win for Cardinal Logistics, Impact on Trucking Industry10.12.2020 | Daily Journal
- 08.20.2020 | Best Lawyers in America
Community & Professional
Orange County Bar Association
National Lawyers Guild
South Asian Bar Association
American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Honors & Recognitions
Included in The Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment Law - Management, 2021-2023
UC Irvine Law Review - Editor of the Year
Experian/Jones Day Moot Court - Quarterfinalist
Graduation High Honors (200+ Hours Pro Bono)
Wiley W. Manual Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2014; Lead Article Editor and Production Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
- University of California, Riverside, B.A., 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California