Allison Callaghan is a litigator focusing primarily on employment law. She has experience in complex litigation, including wage-and-hour class and representative actions, and single-plaintiff harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination cases. She has also represented clients in alternative dispute resolution and administrative agency proceedings.
In addition to litigation, Allison advises and counsels both public and private employers on a broad array of employment matters, including personnel policies and procedures, discipline and termination, reasonable accommodation, and leave and wage and hour issues.
Prior to joining Nossaman, Allison practiced general business litigation and employment litigation at law firms in Sacramento and Los Angeles. As a law student, she clerked for the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. She was the recipient of Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence (awarded to the highest grade in class) for Employment Discrimination, Criminal Procedure, and Legal Research & Writing, and served as Senior Articles Editor for the U.C. Davis Law Review.
- What the FFCRA, CARES Act, California’s Shelter-in-Place Orders and Other Relief Measures Mean for California Employers04.03.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 2012 | U.C. Davis Law Review
- 2019 California Special Districts Association Annual Conference and Exhibitor Showcase09.26.2019
- Nossaman's 2019 Employment Webinar Series01.17.2019
- Nossaman's Annual Employment Law SeminarWinter 2018
- Business & Legal Resources11.2017
- 29th Annual All Hands Meeting10.18.2017
- State Association of County Retirement Systems’ Spring Conference 201705.18.2017
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2017
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2016
Community & Professional
Vice Chair, Grants and Awards Committee, Women Lawyers of Sacramento
Board Member, King Hall Young Alumni Association
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Litigation and Labor & Employment
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., 2013; Senior Articles Editor, U.C. Davis Law Review; Senior Articles Editor, U.C. Davis Journal of Int'l Law & Policy
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California