Allison focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling. She has a proven track record defending employers in high-stakes litigation, including wage-and-hour class and PAGA representative actions and single-plaintiff harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuits. Allison has successfully represented clients in all phases of litigation, including at trial, as well as in administrative and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She regularly represents both public entities and private companies in a variety of industries, with a particular focus in healthcare.
Allison also regularly provides advice and counsel to employers on a broad array of employment and management issues, including discipline and termination, reasonable accommodation, family and medical leave, paid sick leave, layoffs, wage and hour compliance, personnel policies and procedures, and arbitration and severance agreements. Allison is also an effective trainer and conducts workplace investigations.
Allison has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers and a “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers every year since 2020.
Successfully resolved numerous putative class and representative PAGA lawsuits for employers, including:
- Young v. CEP America-California. Represented group of emergency room physicians in putative statewide class and representative PAGA action for alleged wage and hour violations.
- Ghilotti v. Merced Ambulatory Surgery Center, LLC, et al. Represented ambulatory surgery center against alleged individual discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims and representative PAGA claim for purported wage and hour violations.
- Beals v. Greenberry Industrial. Represented industrial contractor in putative representative PAGA action for alleged wage and hour violations.
- Valikhani v. CEP America-California. Represented group of emergency room physicians in putative statewide representative PAGA action for alleged wage and hour violations.
- Jaimes v. Baker’s Burgers. Represented hospitality client in putative representative PAGA action for alleged wage and hour violations.
Successfully defended employers in broad range of individual disputes, including for claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, denial of equal pay, misclassification, and wrongful termination, including:
- Koszka v. California State Assembly. Defended employer in five-week trial involving discrimination, retaliation, and failure to accommodate claims. Nine-person jury returned a unanimous verdict for the public entity employer and the court awarded costs against the plaintiff.
- City of Oakland. Represented City in various employment-related arbitrations and administrative hearings.
- Nielsen v. Seneca Healthcare District. Defended hospital in individual action alleging claims of misclassification, breach of contract, denial of equal pay, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Finnigan v. California State Assembly. Represented public entity in alleged individual discrimination, harassment, and retaliation action.
- Martinez, et al. v. Biergarten, et al. Defended hospitality client against numerous individual claims of alleged wage and hour violations.
- Salazar v. Populus Financial Group. Defended financial services company in individual action alleging claims of discrimination, failure to accommodate, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
Successfully represented employers in administrative proceedings, including before the California Civil Rights Department (formerly, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing), State Personnel Board, and Labor Commissioner’s Office.
Advised public and private employers on a broad range of employment law issues, including reasonable accommodation requests, leaves of absence, employee complaints and investigations, discipline and termination, layoffs, diversity and inclusion initiatives, equal pay, workplace safety and wage-and-hour compliance.
- DFEH Issues Guidance on COVID-19 in the Workplace and Mandatory Vaccines: What California Employers Need to Know04.02.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.09.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 2012 | U.C. Davis Law Review
- 04.13.2020 | California Water Views
- 04.09.2020 | California Water Views
- Nossaman Webinar12.08.2022
- Tales from the Trenches: Insights on Best Practices for Supervisors from Seasoned Employment CounselNossaman’s 2022 Public Pensions & Investments Fiduciaries’ Forum10.17.2022 – 10.18.2022
- 2022 State Association of County Retirement Systems Annual Spring Conference05.10.2022
- Nossaman Webinar02.03.2022
- 2021 State Association of County Retirement Systems Annual Spring Conference05.11.2021
- Navigating Leave and Disability Protection Laws During COVID-19: A Practical Guide for California EmployersNossaman's Employment BUZZ Webinar Series01.28.2021
- State Association of County Retirement Systems 2020 Fall Conference11.10.2020
- Nossaman’s 2020 Public Pensions & Investments Fiduciaries' Forum09.30.2020 - 10.02.2020
- State Association of County Retirement Systems (SACRS) 2020 Summer Webinar Series07.15.2020
- Nossaman Webinar07.09.2020
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association 2020 Virtual Conference07.08.2020
- Nossaman Webinar05.20.2020
- Nossaman's 2020 Water Webinar Series04.16.2020
- 2019 California Special Districts Association Annual Conference and Exhibitor Showcase09.26.2019
- Nossaman's 2019 Employment Webinar Series01.17.2019
- Nossaman's Annual Employment Law SeminarWinter 2018
- Business & Legal Resources11.2017
- 29th Annual All Hands Meeting10.18.2017
- State Association of County Retirement Systems’ Spring Conference 201705.18.2017
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2017
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2016
- 08.18.2022 | Best Lawyers
- 08.20.2021 | Best Lawyers
- 05.07.2021 | Law360
- 02.09.2021 | Nossaman News Release
- 08.20.2020 | Best Lawyers in America
- 05.12.2020 | Society for Human Resource Management
Honors & Recognitions
Included in Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Labor and Employment, 2021-2023
Selected to the Super Lawyers, Northern California Rising Stars list, 2020-2022
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., 2013; Senior Articles Editor, U.C. Davis Law Review
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California