Endangered Species Act, Wetlands, and Stormwater Regulatory Compliance for Energy & Utilities
Brooke Marcus served as an instructor for Electric Utility Consultants, Inc. (EUCI)’s online course, “Endangered Species Act, Wetlands, and Stormwater Regulatory Compliance for Energy & Utilities," held virtually March 21-22, 2022.
Brooke and her fellow instructors discussed when permitting may be necessary and provided attendees with an understanding of the process for navigating those permitting processes. This session aimed to make environmental permitting a more efficient component of project management within organizations.
- Utility and energy project activities that are likely to “trigger” environmental regulation under the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act;
- Endangered vs. threatened species, critical habitat designation, consultation process, penalties and more when it comes to the Endangered Species Act;
- Defining the National Historic Preservation Act, as well as the actions that may cause adverse effects and potential historic properties;
- Review of the Clean Water Act and the Coastal Zone Management Act; and
- Information on Nationwide Permits and insights on the National Environmental Policy Act such as its history, regulations, requirements, and reforms.