Environmental quality standards and regulations cover a number of complex issues, including water quality. Compliance is rarely straightforward. Clients rely on our administrative and litigation experience to help them resolve environmental quality disputes with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
Nossaman is at the forefront of construction, development, CEQA, Section 401 certification, and general surface and stormwater related water quality issues under the federal Clean Water Act and the State Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act.
We provide innovative strategies, counsel and advice for addressing CEQA and NEPA water quality and hydromodification analyses and sufficient water quality Section 401 water quality certification analyses. We also help clients to comply with state and federal surface and stormwater quality requirements for construction, development and significant redevelopment projects.
We represent clients in surface and stormwater quality policy and legislative matters. We also obtain water quality related permits and CEQA and NEPA approvals for a wide array of private and public projects.
In addition, our Firm has extensive experience representing landowners and developers. We guide them through surface water quality administrative proceedings before the State Water Resources Control Board and various Regional Water Quality Control Boards. Our counsel in this area includes proceedings related to Section 303(d) waterbody impairment listings, TMDLs, NPDES Permit actions, and Basin Plan Amendments.
We have prepared both construction and post-construction water quality management and compliance programs in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and various Regional Water Quality Control Boards. We also have substantial experience in preventing, addressing, and defending municipal stormwater permit and statewide general construction permit violations before applicable Regional Water Quality Control Boards.
- 02.11.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.05.2020 | Law360
- 06.11.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.20.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.10.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.16.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.08.2021 | California Water Views
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.07.2021 | California Eminent Domain Report
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.01.2021 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.20.2021 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 06.30.2020 | California Water Views
- 05.15.2020 | California Water Views
- 05.01.2020 | California Water Views
- 04.28.2020 | California Water Views
- 04.13.2020 | California Water Views
- 04.09.2020 | California Water Views
- 03.30.2020 | California Water Views
- 03.12.2020 | California Water Views
- 03.09.2020 | California Water Views
- 02.25.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 02.10.2020 | California Water Views
- California Announces Lawsuit over Federal Government's Biological Opinions for Central Valley Project and State Water Project11.22.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- Endangered Species Act, Wetlands, Stormwater & Floodplain Regulatory Compliance for Energy and Utilities07.27.2020 - 07.28.2020
- Briefing Regarding State Water Resources Control Board Proposed Bacteria and Dredge and Fill Permit Regulations08.10.2017 | Los Angeles, CA
- 05.09.2017 | Monterey, CA
- 11.13.2016 | San Francisco, CA
- 11.2016 | Los Angeles, CA
- 04.2014 | Portland, OR
- 06.12.2012 | Dallas, TX
- 12.22.2020 | Law360
- What’s in a Wetland: An Overview of Federal and State Developments in Defining Jurisdictional Wetlands