From permitting and enforcement issues to cost recovery, damages claims and statutory interpretation issues, we have been involved in high stakes environmental trials and appellate proceedings. Our litigators have played a prominent role in the evolution of key state and federal environmental laws.
Our attorneys routinely litigate and resolve disputes arising under a wide range of environmental laws, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). When disputes arise, we work with clients to determine if litigation is an appropriate and effective vehicle to meet their needs. We handle disputes across a wide spectrum of areas, including:
- Air Quality
- Contaminated Sites/Media and Remediation
- Endangered Species/Wildlife
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Federal Lands
- Land Use and Zoning
- Natural Resource Damages
- Toxic Torts
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Water Quality
- Water Supplies
We have an informed perspective. We work with regulatory agencies, sellers and buyers, landowners, citizen groups, and other parties. We have extensive experience representing corporations, trade associations, public agencies, non-profits, and individuals in civil and administrative proceedings throughout the U.S.
An accomplished group, our environmental litigators have been recognized by a variety of organizations including Chambers USA, Law 360, the National Law Journal and Legal 500.
- 02.03.2020 | Law360
- 03.27.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 03.25.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 02.26.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 02.03.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.23.2020 | Seattle, WA
- 11.2019 | U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Nossaman Nets Win for Fisheries Clients with Ruling Overturning North Pacific Council's Amendment 11303.22.2019 | SeafoodNews.com