2021 Environmental and Land Use Law Section Midyear Meeting and Conference
Brian Ferrasci-O'Malley served as program co-chair of the Washington State Bar Association's 2021 Environmental and Land Use Law Section Midyear Meeting and Conference on May 7, 2021. This one-day webcast explored exciting issues from both the environmental and land use legal sector, as well as recent important environmental cases and updates on the current legislative session.
Topics covered by expert speakers included:
- Updates to State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) rules and the Greenhouse Gas Assessment for Projects (GAP) Rules;
- COVID impacts on land use issues;
- Ongoing federal rollbacks of the Trump Administration's prior environmental rollbacks;
- Multifamily Property Tax Exemption, and understanding an optional affordable housing incentive; and
- Review of the affordable housing regulatory framework in the Puget Sound Area, and how they influence growth.