Derek Kliewer assists clients on a full range of environmental and land use law matters. His practice spans litigation and transactional matters involving both compliance and enforcement.
Prior to joining Nossaman, Derek participated in litigation involving tidelands and easement issues, Proposition 65 claims, irrigation district disputes and ESG governance.
During law school, Derek served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Dale A. Drozd of the United States District Court, Eastern District of California.
- 09.26.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- Protecting the Public Trust: How an Ancient Environmental Doctrine and Modern Legislation Can Save California’s GroundwaterFall 2021 | University of Denver Water Law Review
- Service Proposes Listing Two Pond Turtle Species and Short-tailed Snake as Threatened with 4(d) Rules10.03.2023 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, J.D., 2022, cum laude; Lead Articles Editor, Pepperdine Law Review
- Fresno Pacific University, Graduate Certificate in Restorative Justice, 2018
- Fresno Pacific University, B.A., 2015, summa cum laude