We are the State's leading expert on the procedural and substantive basis for challenges to environmental initiative and referendum measures.
We advise both opponents and proponents on:
- Developing strategies to challenge initiative measures;
- Drafting, qualifying and placing on the ballot strategically competitive initiatives to counter those brought by project opponents;
- Drafting, processing and circulating initiative petitions so as to best withstand judicial scrutiny;
- Challenging and defending initiative measures in the trial, appellate and supreme courts; and
- Providing lobbying capabilities and legislative advocacy directed at statutory change as a means to counter the effect of initiative measures.