We help clients with large development and infrastructure projects navigate the maze of state and federal environmental regulations. We work together, with their outside consultants, to devise regulatory compliance strategies and defend against judicial challenges to keep projects moving forward.
We possess an in-depth understanding of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) as well as other environmental statutes. This insight enables us to draft comprehensive planning and environmental documents, including state and federal environmental impact reports and statements, that avoid pitfalls and survive court challenges.
When challenges do arise, we have an exceptional reputation for successfully defending major land use projects facing opposition from local groups and/or regional, state and federal agencies. We have successfully defended numerous development and infrastructure projects against state and federal environmental challenges. We are especially proud of our established track record of devising CEQA and NEPA compliance strategies and approaches to documentation that avoid litigation. We are equally proud of our ability to devise litigation strategies that allow the timely and on-budget delivery of complex, large-scale development projects.
The successful defense of environmental documents often depends on pre-litigation counseling. As such, our land use and environmental attorneys focus on compliance and litigation strategies that facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of the environmental regulatory process.
- 02.28.2020 | Eno Transportation Weekly
- CEQ’s Proposed NEPA Regulations: Are They Really That Terrible or So Very Helpful for Surface Transportation Projects?02.21.2020 | Eno Transportation Weekly
- 09.22.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.06.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 03.04.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.09.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 05.21.2019 | Costa Mesa, CA
- 05.20.2019 | Baltimore, MD
- 03.26.2019 | Monterey, CA
- 01.11.2019 | Seattle, WA
- 10.30.2018 | Indian Wells, CA
- CEQA Baseline After Sunnyvale03.2014 | Huntington Beach, CA
- 01.23.2012 | Sacramento, CA