Seth Goldstein's practice focuses on the representation of employers, particularly employers in the transportation industry. He concentrates on the defense of class and collective actions involving, among other issues, attempted reclassification of independent contractors, alleged wage/hour violations (including meal/rest periods, exempt status, and regular rate issues) and misuse of credit and other investigative reports in hiring practices.
In addition to handling active litigation matters, Seth also monitors and provides advice to clients about legal and regulatory developments affecting their businesses to assist them with compliance and risk management issues.
Seth has substantial experience in representing financial institutions. He has defended a wide range of consumer class actions brought against banks and other financial service providers in connection with lending and retail banking operations. These matters have involved allegations of consumer fraud, unfair business practices, breach of contract and violations of federal and state statutes and regulations.
Seth clerked for the Honorable Marjorie O. Rendell of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- 01.22.2019 | Nossaman News Release
Honors & Recognitions
Selected to Southern California Rising Stars list, 2009-2012, 2014
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2003
- University of Rochester, M.A., 2000
- Stanford University, B.A., 1996
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California