Financial Systems Engineer (All Offices)
We are seeking a Financial Systems Engineer to join the Information Technology team. This position is responsible for the planning, maintenance and support of the Firm’s financial system, Aderant, as well as architecting, supporting and maintaining the Intapp workflow and database environments. This position assumes responsibility for technical troubleshooting activities and acts as the point person for resolution of financial systems-related service requests. This position uses broad knowledge of IT disciplines, including client-server, security and database infrastructure, to sync data between various Firm financial and enterprise systems. The Financial Systems Engineer is part of the Information Technology Department, reporting to the Information Technology Director.
The salary range for the position of Financial Systems Engineer at Nossaman is $145,000 to $165,000 annually. The successful candidate’s salary for this position is reasonably expected to be set within this range. However, actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including, without limitation, the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Use functional and technical experience with Aderant products and financial systems, including working knowledge of technical architecture, to provide ongoing support for data structure, data tables, Docudraft, screen development, report writing, SQL data queries, OCG/Onyx, Budget Module, Expert Collections, Expert Billing, Paperless Pre-Bills, Handshake and Generic Importer.
- Architect and maintain Intapp environment, including Intake, Walls, Laterals and Integration Builder. Act as liaison between Firm stakeholders and vendors to implement change requests and enhancements.
- Serve as key point of contact for finance representatives, administrative staff and external vendors on issues relating to the financial applications and integrated systems.
- Maintain ownership and oversight of Firm’s clustered SQL environments.
- Extend functionality of commercial products using Application Program Interfaces (API’s) and/or database development and develop solutions to facilitate integration between applications.
- Develop user interfaces, middle tier objects and stored procedures.
- Identify areas for improvement within the Firm’s financial applications and independently propose and execute improvement solutions.
- Customize screen forms and build inquiries/reports using Aderant Expert customization tools.
- Provide support for Business Intelligence tools; generate custom reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Work closely with Information Technology team members to provide database support for non-financial applications.
- Utilize data-mining and database mechanisms to obtain data and organize the information to facilitate effective analysis and creates analytical reports.
- Utilize database mechanisms, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic & SQL to assist in the development and improvement of the reporting processes.
- Maintain detailed records, documenting procedures and assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Work to ensure quality professional product, as well as timely delivery of all work.
- Promote effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Experience developing applications and scripts using VB.NET, Powershell, and SQL.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting legal software platforms (Aderant, Elite 3E, Handshake, Intapp Open, Intapp Wallbuilder, viDesktop, Chrome River, Sage Fixed Assets).
- Familiarity with workflow engines within Sharepoint Online and/or Intapp Integrate.
- Experience with REST and MS Graph API’s.
- Proficient with VB.NET, SQL, LDAP, XML, HTML and Microsoft Office development tools.
- Proficient with MSSQL, MSDTC, AAG and SQL security best practices.
- Experience responding to ad-hoc requests, developing analysis and producing reports.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm, including effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, systems, practices, controls and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to work independently to research, analyze and resolve complex problems using creative solutions.
- Maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to shifting deadlines, deliverables, priorities, projects and maintenance scheduled for off-peak hours.
Strong organizational skills, effective time-management, ability to handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment and excellent analytical skills.
The successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status or any other category protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of Nossaman’s employment lifecycle including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities.
Agency submissions by invitation only. Unsolicited submissions will not be accepted.