Records & Information Governance Manager (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an experienced Records & Information Governance Manager who will play an integral role in the development, implementation and improvement of the Firm’s processes and procedures that manage client records and information through their legal lifecycle. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of the Records team and supports all records-related initiatives across the Firm’s offices. The Records & Information Governance Manager works closely with the Risk Management team, the IT Department and the General Counsel to help implement sound IG practices. This position reports to the Risk Management and Compliance Director and is based in Los Angeles.
The salary range for the position of Records & Information Governance Manager at Nossaman is $90,000 to $115,000 annually. The successful candidate’s salary for this position is reasonably expected to be set within this range. However, actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including, without limitation, the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Records department, including routine tasks, projects and larger initiatives.
- Oversee all members of the Records department, including providing support/guidance and helping to foster professional development.
- Continually assesses industry standards and improvement programs through attendance at leading Information Governance and Records Information Management conferences and provide recommendations for updates and modifications.
- Collaborate with practice leaders, practice members, client teams and Firm service departments to encourage business process improvement opportunities and RIM utilization.
- Develop Records Information Management policies and procedures and implement compliance monitoring systems.
- Open new files, including creating new physical files, entering information into applicable records databases and adding new folders as necessary for ongoing matters.
- Maintain files, both physical and electronic and assist with document-level filing, update and reorganize files as well as update, monitor and maintain the Firm's records management system.
- Work to minimize the volume of inactive and closed files on site, continue to process files for disposition including off-site storage and return files to clients and/or process for destruction.
- Manage offsite storage and onsite space and file management for the records of the Firm.
- Coordinate all aspects of onboarding records and information into the Firm, including being the primary contact for electronic and physical files coming into the Firm.
- Communicates with lateral and current attorneys about the onboarding procedures.
- Oversee, assess and provide recommendations on any records or compliance concerns.
- Provide project leadership and support for records procedures and policies, including current and future technologies.
- Develop and administer the Firm's information governance policies and implementation plan including the management of all firm records, both electronic and paper.
- Ensure proper documentation of all transactions as specified by established Firm policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Library Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Hold a Certified Records Manager (CRM); Certified Records Analyst (CRA); or Records Information Management (RIM) Certification, or are currently in the certification process.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of records experience in a legal or professional services firm, including 5 years of experience working with electronic records.
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements with regards to records processes, procedures and best practices.
- Working knowledge of electronic file management and the Windows file system required; experience with legal document management systems such as iManage Document Management, NetDocs, iManage Records, or FileTrail .
- Managing and tracking incoming electronic data from multiple sources and into Firm document systems.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Strong leadership, relationship, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and collaborative work environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other offices as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Lift, handle and move boxes of up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Position requires frequent standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
Successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Nossaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Agency submissions by invitation only.