Balancing Interests in a Time of Drought
Fred Fudacz, Stephen Roberts and Jennifer Capitolo participated in the Annual California Water Law Conference: Balancing Interests in a Time of Drought, a two-day event hosted by CLE International.
Jennifer Capitolo took part in the "California Considers Regulation of Groundwater" panel discussion and Stephen Roberts participated in the "Groundwater Banking in Time of Drought" discussion. Fred Fudacz helped moderate the two-day event.
Top experts discussed important policy issues including:
- Overview of California Water Law
- Does the Public Trust Doctrine Apply to Groundwater? The Scott River Case
- Groundwater Banking in Time of Drought
- California Considers Regulation of Groundwater
- Management of Water in a Time of Unprecedented Drought
- Effect of the Endangered Species Act on California's Water Supply: The Delta Litigation
- Clean Water Act Issues
- The Conflict Between Vineyards and Salmon
- Indian Water Rights and the Winters Doctrine: The Agua Caliente Indian Litigation