WOTS Up? An Update Regarding Regulation of Waters of the State (WOTS) and Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
Mary Lynn Coffee presented "WOTS Up? An Update Regarding Regulation of Waters of the State (WOTS) and Waters of the United States (WOTUS)" as part of our 2019 Water Webinar Series on June 4, 2019.
This complimentary 60-minute webinar focused on the State Water Resources Control Board's recently adopted State Wetlands Definition and Procedures for Discharges of Dredged or Fill Material to Waters of the State, with a legal/regulatory update regarding the federal Clean Water Act permitting of discharges of dredge and fill material. The recent state law regulations create a new and different wetland definition, and a permitting program for discharges to waters of the state that overlaps and expands upon federal law.
- Scope of "Waters of the State"
- Review of activities requiring a permit
- New and supplemental permitting requirements
- Permitting program exclusions
- Comparison with other state and federal aquatic resource protection programs
- Legal update regarding Waters of the United States and Section 404 permitting requirements
Nossaman LLP is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider and certifies that this activity was approved for 1.0 hour of General credit.