New Water: "Pollution" Meets Water Supply
Mary Lynn Coffee participated in a panel discussion alongside other legal and technical industry experts on "Legal Issues in Stormwater Capture and Use as Water Supply." Her presentation was part of a 2-day conference sponsored by Law Seminars International.
The 2-day conference, entitled Finding "New" Water, focused on identification and use of new water supply strategies, such as direct and indirect use of purified, recycled water; capture, treatment and use of stormwater; and desalination and treatment of groundwater and sea water.
Other presentations on October 5 and 6 included:
- Creating New Supplies Through Rehabilitation of Contaminated Groundwater
- New Regulations and Other Developments for Creating New Supplies Through Desalination (Ocean an Brackish Groundwater)
- Local Options and Solutions for Permitting New Development During a Drought
- Overcoming Financing Constraints for Water Supply Projects
- Recycled Water Projects: Issues and Strategies for Obtaining Regulatory Approvals
A tour of the Orange County Water District Groundwater Replenishment System (GWRS) was provided on the second day of the conference.