George Joseph has been Nossaman's Managing Partner since 2013. He brings three decades of experience to the position along with a history of leadership within the Firm.
George’s practice emphasizes the areas of employment and public agency law. George has extensive experience representing employers in litigation and counseling employers on a wide range of personnel issues. His experience includes discipline and termination procedures, layoffs, harassment and discrimination, severance agreements, wage and hour issues, flexible scheduling arrangements, vacation, sick leave and other benefits, leaves of absence, and employee disabilities.
George also serves as general counsel to public transportation agencies. He advises them on such issues as Brown Act, Public Records Act and political law compliance, public contracting, construction claims and disputes, employment, toll administration and development impact fee programs.
George has regularly appeared at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts and before arbitrators and administrative agencies. He is a successful mediator of disputes, having served as a volunteer settlement officer and court-appointed mediator in a wide variety of matters.
George is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Represented the owner of an automobile dealership in successful defense of action by employee for alleged breach of employment contract, and in prosecution of cross-claims for employee theft. Favorable trial judgment obtained.
- Successfully defended a health maintenance organization in an action for alleged wrongful termination of employment, and discrimination. Summary judgment granted.
- Represented a healthcare company in successful defense of an action for alleged breach of employment agreement and business torts. Summary judgment granted.
- Obtained summary judgment for a government contractor in successful defense of an action for alleged disability discrimination.
- Successfully defended a claim for alleged pregnancy discrimination against a medical research firm. Plaintiff dismissed claim without payment.
- Represented a medical partnership in defense of an action for alleged sexual harassment. Negotiated favorable settlement after summary adjudication.
- Successfully defended a health care company in class action for alleged wage and hour violations. Class was not certified and case settled for a nominal sum.
- 01.18.2018 | The Health Law Ticker
- State Association of County Retirement Systems 2019 Spring Conference05.07.2019
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association 2018 Annual Conference & Exhibits09.05.2018
- Nossaman's Annual Employment Law SeminarWinter 2018
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2017
- 11th Annual California Employment Law Update10.21.2016
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2016
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2015
- American Academy of Ophthalmology01.23.2015
- California Special Districts Association's 2013 General Manager Leadership Summit07.15.2013
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2013
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2012
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2011
- Business & Legal Resources' 2010 National Employment Law Update10.29.2010
- Nossaman Employment Seminar02.2010
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association's Annual Conference10.01.2009
- Professionals in Human Resources Association's Mid Year Legal Seminar06.03.2009
- Nossaman Employment Seminar01.2009
- 10.14.2019 | Nossaman News Release
- 10.03.2019 | The Mid-Market Report
- 02.21.2019 | The Mid-Market Report
- 01.24.2019 | The Mid-Market Report
- 09.14.2018 | Daily Journal
- Nossaman Hosts Community Service Event with Wine to Water to Help Bring Clean Water to Communities in Need05.10.2018
- 01.24.2018 | Daily Journal
- 02.15.2017 | U.S. News & World Report
- 01.20.2016 | Super Lawyers
- 08.25.2015 | Daily Journal
- 01.26.2015 | Super Lawyers
- 09.15.2014 | Daily Journal
- 07.23.2014 | Law360
- 05.27.2014 | National Law Journal
- 01.17.2014 | Super Lawyers
- 10.18.2013 | Daily Journal
- 05.22.2013 | Law360
- 04.22.2013 | The National Law Journal
- 04.02.2013 | Daily Journal, OC Metro, Orange County Bar Association, The Recorder, San Francisco Business Times
- 04.01.2013 | Nossaman News Release
- 01.09.2013 | Daily Journal
- 05.24.2012 | Nossaman Announcement
- 05.22.2012 | Bloomberg News
- 05.22.2012 | The Am Law Daily
- 02.20.2001 | California Law Business
Community & Professional
American Bar Association, Committee on Construction Litigation
Orange County Bar Association, Construction and Employment Law Sections
Honors & Recognitions
Rated AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, 2014-2019