Heather Claus is a corporate attorney who advises clients in the healthcare industry on regulatory, transactional and litigation matters, with particular emphasis on entity formation and mergers and acquisitions. In providing this representation, Heather works with state and federal agencies to ensure client compliance with relevant policies and procedures, licensing requirements, corporate governance, commercial agreements and data privacy standards, drawing on years of experience navigating complex state and federal healthcare laws and regulations.
Heather also counsels healthcare entities on Medicaid, Medicare, hospital and provider overpayments, regulatory enforcement, fraud and abuse avoidance and matters arising under the Knox-Keene Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other governing laws. By assisting healthcare clients in their licensure and compliance efforts, Heather’s work supports the delivery of quality healthcare services to residents of California and beyond.
- 09.11.2023 | The Health Law Ticker
- 07.31.2023 | The Health Law Ticker
- CMS Attempts to Reduce Appointment Times for Medicaid and CHIP Patients - How Will This Impact Your Managed Care Plan?06.05.2023 | The Health Law Ticker
- American Bar Association Health Law Section’s 2023 National Managed Care Institute10.11.2023
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California