Josh Burke focuses his practice on infrastructure, procurement, finance, construction and real estate transactions law. He has represented clients in a wide variety of transactional matters and has drafted agreements related to the development of various commercial and government projects. Josh plays key roles in the development of procurement and contract documents and regularly performs research on various legal matters.
During law school, Josh served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Debra H. Lehrmann of the Supreme Court of Texas and represented children in the Texas foster care system as a student attorney for the Children’s Rights Clinic. Prior to practicing law he taught history and coached at Crockett High School in Austin, Texas.
Texas Department of Transportation Projects
- Oak Hill Parkway Project. Key member of the legal team advising on the procurement of an approximately $667million design-build project to design and construct approximately 7 miles of non-tolled improvements along US 290 from Circle Drive to Loop 1 (Mopac) and along SH 71 from US 290 to Silvermine Drive. The project closed in August 2020. During procurement, Josh assisted with drafting procurement documents and preparations for closing and also advised TxDOT in connection with proposer meetings, responding to proposer questions and negotiating interagency agreements with stakeholders.
- North Tarrant Express Segment 3C. Key member of the legal team that advised on the negotiation and closing of a change order to add a $750 million expansion segment to the Facility Agreement for NTE Segments 3A & 3B. Josh assisted with preparations for commercial and financial close and the drafting and review of ancillary closing documents. Financial close for the change order was reached in August 2019. The project was awarded the 2019 “Americas Project of the Year” in the road category by IJ Global.
- I-35 NEX Central Project. Key member of the legal team advising on the procurement of a proposed $1.5 billion design-build-maintain project for the design, construction and maintenance of I-35 from the I-35/I-410 North interchange to FM 3009 and of connected portions of I-410 North and Loop 1604. Josh’s duties involve assisting with drafting procurement documents, including contract documents, and advising TxDOT in connection with communications with proposers and negotiating interagency agreements.
- 12.02.2020 | Law360
- 09.29.2020 | Infra Insight Blog
- 06.08.2020 | Infra Insight Blog
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
Austin Bar Association
Design-Build Institute of America