Rebecca Hoyes has an extensive background in the healthcare sector on a variety of legal issues including the representation of hospitals and their medical staffs in peer review investigations, corrective action, hearings, and appeals. She also counsels clients on privileging and credentialing of AHPs and physicians; bylaws, rules, and policies; compliance with accreditation, licensure and regulatory requirements; practitioner disruptive behavior, disability, and impairment; responding to subpoenas by state agencies requesting peer review or health information; and licensing boards (805 report and NPDB reporting obligations). Rebecca also advises hospitals and/or their medical staffs in medical records issues (including HIPAA and CMIA requirements), emergency transfer laws, call coverage policies, exclusive contracts, and telemedicine services.
Rebecca’s expertise in medical staff work extends to the integration of medical staffs within a healthcare system, including formal medical staff unifications and the integration of medical staff functions, such as regional coordination of credentialing and peer review duties. She has also acted as a mediator in peer review matters and is a member of Nossaman’s Healthcare – Alternative Dispute Resolution team.
Rebecca’s expertise in peer review extends to the representation of medical foundations, medical groups, and ASCs in related matters, such as drafting sharing agreements, composing Bylaws, and B&P 809 hearings. She also works with individuals and business entities on fraud and abuse issues and in responding to investigations, audits, and actions by state and federal health oversight agencies.
- California Health Care Entities Required to Report Patient Allegations of Sexual Abuse or Misconduct10.17.2019 | The Health Law Ticker
- 02.19.2019 | The Health Law Ticker
- 10.08.2018 | The Health Law Ticker
- Is Your Hospital Compliant With the Revised Joint Commission Standards for Pain Assessment and Management?11.01.2017 | The Health Law Ticker
- 05.08.2019 | Law360
- 02.12.2019 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
Member, California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Member, California Association of Medical Staff Services
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2006, USF Law Review, Staff Member; Journal of Law and Social Challenges, Articles Editor; CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Research & Writing and Legislative Process & Drafting
- University of San Francisco, B.A., 2000, magna cum laude