Sara Johnson represents national- and state-based trade associations in the ecological restoration and mitigation industry. She advises clients on their policy priorities, strategic planning and association governance – specifically on regulatory and legislative developments pertinent to environmental markets and natural resource permitting, primarily related to wetland, stream, species and water quality offsets.
Sara further represents clients in environmental market due diligence, real estate transactions, including leasing, financing and acquisition deals. She also has handled matters relating to zoning and permitting challenges.
- 06.01.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- Mobilizing Private Capital for Large-scale Ecological Restoration and Conservation: Insights from the U.S. Experience05.01.2022 | Financing Investment in Water Security: Recent Developments and Perspectives
- The Time It Takes for RestorationEnvironmental Policy Innovation Center and Ecological Restoration Business Association04.03.2023
- Policy Perspectives from CalERBACalifornia Society for Ecological Restoration05.12.2022
- Legal, Legislative and Policy UpdatesNational Mitigation and Ecosystem Banking Conference05.05.2022
- Banks and In-Lieu Fees: Commonalities, Differences and ChallengesNational Mitigation and Ecosystem Banking Conference07.21.2021
- 04.27.2023 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
California Ecological Restoration Business Association, Executive Director
Ecological Restoration Business Association, Executive Director
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.; Articles Development Editor, Virginia Environmental Law Journal
- University of Richmond, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude