Samantha Murray assists clients on a full range of environmental law matters. Her practice spans litigation, regulatory law, due diligence and compliance; she regularly deals with legal issues arising under federal and state laws such as the Endangered Species Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Water Act, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act and the California Environmental Quality Act, as well as local municipal regulations such as zoning codes. Samantha also frequently works with renewable energy companies on wildlife issues to ensure utility-scale facilities are legally compliant.
Samantha graduated from University of California, Berkeley School of Law with certificates in Environmental Law and Energy & Clean Technology Law. During law school, Samantha served as an Articles Editor and later Editor-in-Chief of Ecology Law Quarterly. She was also a Judicial Extern in the United States District Court, Northern District of California, a Research Associate for the law school’s Center for Law, Energy, and the Environment, and a Legal Intern at the Global Headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev, where she worked on sustainable procurement and renewable energy initiatives. Prior to law school, Samantha worked in multiple public sector positions in Washington, D.C.
Samantha regularly comments on news affecting endangered species issues in California and throughout the United States on the Firm’s Endangered Species Law & Policy blog.
- 01.18.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.27.2023 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- UPDATE: House and Senate Pass Nearly $38 Billion in Funding for Water Projects as Part of National Defense Authorization Act12.22.2022 | California Water Views
- 11.07.2022 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- Bureau of Reclamation and Local Water Agency Have Discretion to Release Water from Dam to Avoid Take of Endangered Steelhead Trout10.05.2022 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 08.18.2022 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 06.16.2022 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
Community & Professional
Orange County Bar Association – Environmental Law Section, 2023 Secretary/Treasurer
Honors & Recognitions
Ellis J. Harmon Prize in Environmental Law & Policy