Steve Roberts has more than three decades of experience as a general business litigator. The majority of his cases involve transportation, public contracts, real estate, construction, and related infrastructure issues. He is nationally recognized as an authority on ITS deployment, liability, and privacy issues.
LACTC v. Richmond 31 Cal.3d 197 (1982). Represented Los Angeles County Transportation Commission ("LACTC") in mandate action originated in California Supreme Court, which validated the LACTC's one-half percent sales tax used to finance construction of its rail system and other transportation needs.
PECG v. Caltrans 13 Cal.App.4th 585 (1993). AB680 toll road dispute over the right to construct private toll roads in California. Successfully sustained the constitutionality of experimental toll road projects.
Pinole Point Properties v. Bethlehem Steel, 596 F.Supp.283 (N.D. Cal. 1984). Represented plaintiff in one of the earliest cases establishing and defining the rights under the Federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act ("CERCLA") to obtain recovery for environmental clean-up.
- Court of Appeal Says Communications on Personal Communicating Devices are Exempt from Disclosure under Public Records Act03.31.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.29.2012 | Nossaman eAlert
- 11.21.2011 | Infra Insight Blog
- 08.09.2011 | Infra Insight Blog
- 02.18.2011 | Infra Insight Blog
- CLE International's Annual California Water Law Conference11.03.2014
- 02.27.2009 | California Special Districts Association Magazine
- 08.16.2008 | The Record
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
San Francisco Bar Association
San Francisco Legal Assistance to the Elderly
Forum on the Construction Industry, Litigation Section
Intelligent Transportation Society of California, Board Member
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1974
- University of the South, B.A., 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California